To become a Slurry Management Technology Demonstration Farm applicants must be able to demonstrate the following innovative technologies:
- Proactive measures to reduce health and safety risks associated with slurry management
- Slurry storage capacity and organic N loading calculations
- Soil analysis programme
- Annual nutrient management plan
- Slurry nutrient assessment
- Low ammonia emission slurry spreading
It is desirable but not required that applicants may also demonstrate the following innovative technologies:
- Slurry aeration
- Ammonia emission reduction flooring
- Covered above ground slurry stores
- Use of nutrient management decision support tools
For a more detailed description of these required and desirable technologies and for guidance click HERE.
Applications for this theme are now closed.