Better Farm Beef Challenge NI Virtual Farm – Abbey Farm Beef and Sheep Centre, CAFRE
August 12, 2020
Thursday 13th August 2020 8.00pm – 9.00pm
CAFRE is hosting a virtual farm tour of the Suckler enterprise the abbey farm, Greenmount Campus on Thursday 13th August starting at 8pm.
Below is a summary of what will be covered including how to login to this event. If you haven’t previously used WebEx, please allow a few minutes to familiarise yourself with the system .
David Wright, Northern Editor Irish Farmers Journal
Darryl Boyd, Cafre Better Farm Beef Challenge NI programme adviser
Lindsay Mawhinney, Farm Manager
Topics to be covered:
- An overview of the 90 suckler cow to beef production system at the Abbey Farm.
- Financial performance of an intensively managed bull beef enterprise including key KPI’s
- Technologies and management practices used to achieve physical and financial performance in the top 5% of recorded NI Suckler producers.
– Suckler cow type including sire and replacement heifer selection.
– Breeding strategies
– Grassland production including management practices required to achieve high levels of output.
– Producing high quality silage to improve output and reduce production costs
– Evaluation of weight gains and slaughter data of all progeny.
Please feel free to post questions to any of the panellists during the meeting or send them in advance to: Francis.email@example.com
How to join?
To Login to this event follow the instructions detailed below. You can log into the event from 7.30pm onwards. Click on the ‘Join Event’ link below.
Host: Pamela Gardiner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Event number (access code): 137 826 0671
Event password: FarmTour