Nutrient Management Planning
CAFRE are offering a number of courses on Nutrient Management Planning in locations throughout Northern Ireland. The courses will recap on the key measures of the Nitrates and Phosphorus Regulations and focuses on the N and P fertiliser limits as well as the principles and benefits of nutrient management planning.
- What is nutrient management planning
- How to take a soil sample
- How to read and understand your soil analysis
- What nutrients do crops need to grow – crop requirement and how to achieve optimum soil fertility
- The nutrient and monetary value of slurry/manures
- Applying the right type and rate of fertiliser – could you save money?
- Records required if supplying chemical P fertiliser and or a P-rich manure.
- Demonstration of the Crop Nutrient Calculator
Tues 12th February 2019, 8:00pm Millbrook Lodge Hotel Ballynahinch
Wed 13th February 2019, 800pm Room 3, Food Technology Centre, Loughry Campus
Tues 19th February 2019, 8:00pm Armagh City Hotel
Wed 20th February 2019, 8:00pm Vaughan Room, Enniskillen Campus
Mon 25th February 2019, 8:00pm Sandel Centre, Knocklynn Road, Coleraine
Tues 26th February 2019, 8:00pm Seminar Room, Fulton Hall, Greenmount Campus
Wed 27th February 2019, 8:00pm Silver Birch Hotel, Omagh
Further Information and How to Book Your Place Further information about this training can be found on the Nitrates and Nutrient Management Planning course page and courses are now available for online enrolment.
To book a place on this training course, use the Apply Online booking system. If you are using the booking system for the first time you will need to register before you can apply for a course. If you have already registered you can log in and under the Industry Training Courses heading, you should select Agri–Environment, which will list of all available events.
If you have any queries about making a booking for this course, please contact CAFRE Industry Training Administration by calling 02894426880 or by emailing Industry.TrainingAdmin@daera-ni.gov.uk.