Food Technology Centre
The Food Technology Centre features the latest design and technology to ensure compliance with best practice in food manufacture. The facility incorporates four mini food processing areas focusing on meat, bakery, fruit & vegetable and dairy sectors.
This unique facility is equipped with an extensive range of modern pilot and industrial scale food processing and product development facilities to ensure Loughry students can develop the competences and skills needed by the food industry. The facilities are also extensively used by technologist working with the food industry to develop and maintain the manufacture of high quality products.
Through our purpose-built centre students are able to:
- Formulate new products as technology and food trends develop
- Respond to changing consumer demands for nutritionally adapted foods through new product development and consumer analysis facilities
- Implement and integrate process control and process optimisation to the production of food
- Develop and analyse quality systems and diagnostic tests for products
- Analyse and develop packaging and labelling for foods
- Develop management competences in a production environment