Job now closed
Keenan Seafood Limited is a family owned business, based in Belfast, which supplies a full range of fresh and frozen seafood to catering and retail establishments throughout N Ireland. The company employs over 30 staff and has a turnover in excess of £6 million per annum.
Main customers include leading hotels, restaurants, fast food outlets, contract caterers and independent retailers in N Ireland. The company is also the main seafood supplier to the public sector (hospitals, schools, educational colleges) and the Musgrave Supervalu Retail Group.
Keenan Seafood also operates a number of fresh fish concession counters in Tesco stores in N Ireland with plans to expand these significantly over the next 12 months as well as extending a range of prepacked fish for Tesco.
Keenan Seafood wish to recruit an assistant to work alongside the technical manager in running the Quality Management System within the business.
Main duties will include the following:
- Collating and checking all daily quality management system records.
- Monthly GMP audits.
- Assisting with external audits: BCC, STS, Tesco Local Supply.
- Carrying out daily temperature and product intake checks.
- Updating supplier approval records and product specifications.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Assisting with product development.
- Working with Tesco concession counter staff to ensure quality systems are working effectively.
- Assisting the technical manager in working towards the achievement of BRC Standard within the business.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Good knowledge of quality management systems.
- HND Food Science or equivalent.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be part of a team.
- Be flexible in working hours and be prepared to be hands on within the business.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your CV.
Closing date for applications is 12th June 2021.