Loughry Food Alumni
Whether you are interested in reminiscing past adventures with friends, supporting food industry innovation and growth, progressing your professional development Loughry Food Alumni events have something to offer you. If you haven’t been in contact with Loughry for a while, now is the opportunity to reconnect with the college.
Are you a Loughry Food graduate or member of staff who worked at the College? Join us for our third alumni event on Tuesday 24th January at 6:30pm, Loughry Campus.
Reconnect with familiar faces and learn how you can continue your professional development.
Topics and speakers:
- Drew McIvor (Head of Business Development at Invest NI) interviewed by Peter Simpson (Head of Food Technology Branch, CAFRE) – Loughry memories and a “day in the life – role with Invest NI”
- Clare Campbell, Food Technologist, CAFRE – Professional body membership – making the most of CPD
- Gary Andrews, Group Skills Development Manager, Dale Farm Ltd – From graduate to industry specialist – a CPD journey
- Shirley Malcomson, Campus Redevelopment Branch, CAFRE – The future – a look at the latest redevelopment plans
Hot food will be provided on arrival at 6:30pm. The evening will commence at 7:00pm and will last approximately 1 hour. There will also be an opportunity to tour the Food Technology and Innovation Centres to view our development, processing, packaging and automation facilities.
How to attend?
To ensure sufficient refreshments are available, registration is encouraged:
Our third online event was broadcast on Discover CAFRE over lunchtime on Monday 9th May 2022. The focus of the event was automation and innovation. If you didn’t get the chance to join us you can watch a recording here.
Our second event was hosted on Monday 27th September by Peter Simpson, Head of Food Technology. The following topics were discussed:
- Packaging Team Services– Ron Gardiner, Senior Packaging Technologist, CAFRE
- A Chat with Pat– Shane McKinney, Head of Food Education, CAFRE and Pat McTeague, Food Technician, CAFRE
- Alumni Case Study– Gemma Cosgrove, Saputo Dairy Foods, USA
- Student Recruitment Update– Liz Simpson, Recruitment Adviser, CAFRE
If you missed the event, you can catch up by watching the recording below.
Our first webinar was hosted on Monday 12th April by Shane McKinney, Head of Food Education and Peter Simpson, Head of Food Technology. If you missed the event, you can catch up by watching the recording below. Gillian Stevenson provided an update on education programmes and Clare Millar talked about the range of industry training services available.
Keep up-to-date with college activities on our social accounts: DiscoverCAFRE on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.