Quality Assurance Supervisor
Job now closed
Mackle Food Company is a leading-edge private label manufacturer of premium extruded snacks to markets such as baby & toddler, organic, conventional, good for you snacking and functional.
Established in 2005 we have gained a respected and trusted reputation within the snacking and extrusion industry. Still run by our co-founder, Joseph Mackle, our purpose-built factory and staff continue to uphold our commitment to quality, service and innovation.
We are proud to be grade AA certified against the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. We follow a strict set of SOPs and HACCP procedures. Our processes are audited by the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and Organic Farmers and Growers so you can be confident our systems comply with the best.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Working as part of a busy small quality team, the Quality Assurance Supervisor will be mainly factory-based assisting with the daily management of the Quality Assurance function.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Deputise for the Head of Technical in their absence.
- Participate in both internal and external audits, aiding in their preparation and close out actions.
- Investigation of customer complaints and implementing agreed preventative actions.
- Compiling reports for both customer and management to a high standard.
- Manage the QA team, providing holiday cover when required.
- Responsible for day-to-day quality issues and corrective action implementation.
- Manage factory standards through scheduled audits.
- Drive continuous improvement through effective root cause analysis and effective remedial actions.
- Provide on-the-job training to all staff, including competency assessment.
- HACCP team member.
- Ensure each product fully meets all the customers specification.
- Participate In NPD product launches and the development of production records as required.
- Become involved in Quality improvement projects.
- Organise calibrations and deal with Pest Control Contractors.
- Reviewing and actioning when appropriate laboratory test results.
Factory operates Monday to Friday 5 am to 11pm, so flexibility will be required to cover holidays on both early morning and evening shifts.
Hours to work typically 9 am to 5pm Monday to Friday, although some Sunday work may be required.
Qualifications / Experience required –
- Minimum HND or equivalent in Food Science / Food Technology.
- At least 3 years previous quality assurance experience.
- HACCP Level 3.
- Food Safety Level 3.
- Internal Auditing Qualification.
- Experience of working with Technical Systems and Standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills together with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good attention to detail and be able to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- IT / Microsoft Office proficient.
Salary – to be confirmed at interview.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter to Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org