Job now closed
Mackle Food Company is a leading-edge private label manufacturer of premium extruded snacks to markets such as baby & toddler, organic, conventional, good for you snacking and functional.
Established in 2005 we have gained a respected and trusted reputation within the snacking and extrusion industry. Still run by our co-founder, Joseph Mackle, our purpose-built factory and staff continue to uphold our commitment to quality, service and innovation.
We are proud to be grade AA certified against the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety. We follow a strict set of SOPs and HACCP procedures. Our processes are audited by the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and Organic Farmers and Growers so you can be confident our systems comply with the best.
Process Controller – Evening Shift
Working as part of a busy small quality team, the Process Controller will be factory-based assisting with the daily management of the Quality Assurance function.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Completing daily process checks such as metal detection, weight checks, packaging & labelling checks, daily & weekly calibration checks and flavouring checks.
- Ensuring the product meets customer specification.
- Completing pre-start checks, including ATP and allergen testing.
- Organising shelf-life samples and testing.
- Organising taste panels.
Hours of work 3pm to 11pm Monday to Friday, although some Sunday work may be required.
Qualifications / Experience required –
- At least 1 years previous quality assurance experience.
- HACCP Level 2.
- Food Safety Level 3.
- Experience of working with Technical Systems and Standards.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills together with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good attention to detail and be able to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- IT / Microsoft Office proficient.
Salary – £372 per week.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter to Tanya at email@example.com