Energis is currently recruiting a Packaging Technologist for our manufacturing client based in Drogheda. The successful Packaging Technologist will sit within the Technical team and focus on managing packaging materials / development, improvement projects and the related production processes.
Whilst this role is initially a 12month maternity cover contract, there is a distinct possibility of becoming a permanent member of the team.
- Apply knowledge of packaging materials including material compatibility, supplier processes, standards, and specifications and knowledge of all plastic based films, labels, and paperboard packaging.
- Material, product, and machine interface optimisation with a focus on driving costs and waste out of the system.
- Develop relationships and source new suppliers/technologies as needed.
- Conduct feasibility studies to estimate product cost as well as analyse capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements.
- Execute equipment qualification and process validation projects
- Drive processes to improve the quality, integrity, and cost performance of each of the packaging designs used
- Develop tests & systems to monitor and analyse line performance and initiate actions to avoid possible problems and maximise line reliability, robustness, availability, and product quality
- Lead the technical portion of the business case for routine projects. Technical representative on cross functional projects
- Input into the development of the innovation and renovation pipeline from the outset.
- Develop and execute packaging trial plans and scheduling.
- Programming and troubleshooting processes and standards.
- Qualification in Engineering, Science, or relevant operational experience considered.
- Experience in an FMCG environment for a minimum of 1-2 years within similar role – packaging, specifications etc.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work practices, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Project, Outlook.
Package is in the region of €40 – 45k + bonus.
How to apply
To apply send your CV to Janette@energisrecruitment.com
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.