Department Manager – Horse Riding & Hunting
Job now closed
As a City Sport Leader (Department Manager) for our Wild (Horse Riding, Hunting & Precision Sports) division in Dublin your role is to develop and grow this department to bring it to its full potential. Over the past 18 months there has been a large increase in participation in horse riding and hunting related activities across the island of Ireland. You will lead a team to manage this hugely successful department in our flagship store, ensuring that we are making ‘sport accessible to the many’ and leaving every customer ‘satisfied or satisfied’.
At Decathlon we heavily invest in the development of teammates so that those who want to build careers within the business are able to flourish within their roles. Decathlon Ireland is expanding fast and this means there are many amazing opportunities for teammates to grow as we do.
Your responsibilities are to:
- Lead and motivate your team in line with our Decathlon values
- Create a working environment that encourages your team to take responsibility and to thrive on it
- Delegate tasks and solve problems creatively and efficiently
- Provide all our customers with an exceptional customer service experience
- Ensure merchandising and layout standards are met and upheld throughout the department
- Create and execute commercial planning including, commercial strategy, marketing, range choices, performance analysis and forecasting
- Work efficiently on team management including hiring, training, roster planning etc.
Who are you?
- Someone looking to combine a passion for sport with work
- Someone with retail experience & managerial experience (preferable)
- A people- person who enjoys helping others reach their potential
- Someone looking for a retail or sport career with a difference
- A problem solver with excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Able to play as part of the team during the busiest times (weekends and holidays)
What will you benefit from?
- Career progression – At Decathlon, you choose your own career path, so whether you aspire to become a Store Manager or our CEO – we’ll support you the whole way
- Share holding & Profit sharing scheme – We’re one big international family who exclusively co-owns our business and shares the profit we make with our employees
- We play sports together and have regular team socials
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare Insurance reimbursement package
- PRSA package
- 20% staff discount on our Decathlon products
IF YOU LOVE SPORT AND WANT TO START AN EXCITING CAREER WITHIN DECATHLON, APPLY TODAY!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From €27,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus