Applicants applying to be a Mobility Improvement Technology Demonstration Farm must be able to demonstrate the following innovative technologies:
- Advanced footbathing facility
- Robust footbathing protocol
- Footbath calibration and product selection
- Routine preventative and timely corrective hoof trimming
- Dedicated foot treatment facilities
- Selective breeding to improve cow mobility.
It is also desirable but not a requirement that the host can demonstrate the following innovative technologies:
- Use of hoof trimming information
- Mobility scoring
- Managing cow environment (indoors and outdoors) to improve cow mobility.
For a more detailed description of these required and desirable technologies and for guidance click HERE.
Applications for this theme are now closed.