To become a technology demonstration farm applicants must be able to demonstrate the following innovative technologies:
- Soil nutrient management programme
- Efficient grazing infrastructure
- Grass cover measurement and budgeting
- Adjusting concentrate feed levels (Maintenance+) according to grazing conditions and grass supply
- Targeted complete diet feeding or Targeted in parlour and/or out of parlour concentrate feeding (either manual or computerised)
It is also desirable but not required that applicants can demonstrate the following innovative technologies:
- Grazing area allocation application
- Proactive reseeding policy
- Using Maintenance+ application (can apply to both easy feed and TMR systems)
- Forage stocks calculator
- Margin over concentrates (MOC) application.
For a more detailed description of these required and desirable technologies and for guidance click HERE.
Applications for this theme are now closed.