ATV’s (quads) are a very effective piece of machinery on the farm. However, even the most experienced ATV rider can find themselves in potentially dangerous situations and without the proper training serious accidents can occur.
Who is the course for?
1 Day Course Experienced operators only. To suit candidates who use ATVs on a regular basis.
2 Day Course To Suit candidates who are competent with machinery operation and have little or no experience with ATVs
- Accident prevention.
- What is an ATV?
- Daily / Safety checks.
- Possible problems.
- Route planning – risk assessment.
- Familiarization with instruments and controls.
- Starting and stopping the machine.
- Driving the machine – basic manoeuvres.
- Ascend / Descend / Traverse safely.
- Limitations of loaded ATV’s.
Our ATV course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the training to make sure that you are able to use the ATV safely and with confidence and the key fundamentals of driving, loading and health and safety are all covered.