If you want to buy sheep dip or take part in the dipping of sheep you must hold a Certificate of Competence in the Safe Use of Sheep Dip. By successfully completing this course you will be awarded the City & Guilds NPTC Certificate of Competence.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who wants to purchase or use sheep dip in the course of their job.
- Understand the parasites to be controlled and the harm they cause
- How to keep yourself and other workers safe from the dip chemical
- How to avoid contaminating the environment with dip chemical
- Looking after your sheep
- The dip products that can be used
- What makes a good sheep dipper
Part 1 – Online multiple choice questions
Part 2 – Oral questioning near a dipper on a 1:1 basis
The Training and Part 1 of the assessment is completed in one day.
Part 2 of the assessment takes two hours to complete on a separate day