This Lantra accredited course approved by the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU) is designed to help people plan and carry out rat and mouse control. This course equips the end user with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, implement and monitor a rodent control programme with the appropriate considerations to the situation and the environment. This course provides the candidates with the opportunity to gain an industry recognised certificate that has been a requirement for users from 1 June 2016.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to control rodents in a commercial environment or undertake pest control predominantly in land-based or related industries.
- Legislation that affects Pest Management
- Common terms for using Biocides
- Public Health Biocides Product labels
- Safe Storage and Transport of Biocides
- Disposal of Biocides and Containers
- Keeping Biocide Records
- Specific Legislation and best practice for the management and control of rats and mice
- Target Pest Species
- Non-Target Species
- Site Surveys
- Evaluate Control Options
- Control Programmes
Integrated training and assessment (multiple choice)