CAFRE, in conjunction with Association of Veterinary Surgeons Practising in Northern Ireland (AVSPNI) and Independent Vetcare (IVC) will be holding a full day Objective Structured Clinical Examinations (OSCE) Train the Trainer workshop aimed at Clinical Coaches. This workshop will develop and enhance skills to support their student with OSCE preparation.
Who should attend?
The workshop is aimed at Clinical Coaches who are supporting a Level 3 Veterinary Nurse and who is enrolled with CAFRE. The workshop will provide 6 hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD). It is open to delegates from any CAFRE approved Training Practices in Northern Ireland.
The training aims to:
- Explain the OSCE process as an examination method
- Clarify the marking system used by an examiner during the OSCE
- Understand the main reasons for failed OSCE stations
- Demonstrate how Clinical Coaches can support a student during OSCE preparation
- Provide guidance for clinical staff supporting a student preparing for an OSCE
- Facilitate delegates to practice the practical OSCE tasks under examiner observation
The workshop will be delivered by:
Sarah Cottingham, an accomplished RVN from Independent Vetcare (IVC), who has been involved with Veterinary Nursing education for over 16 years. She has trained and worked as an OSCE examiner and has co-written publications and DVDs on exam preparation. Sarah will share her knowledge on OSCE preparation and help workshop delegates to understand the expectations of the examiner during the OSCE.
The cost of the workshop is £25 per person and includes lunch, refreshments and delegate resources pack.
There are 16 places in total available on the workshop and as places are limited, they will be restricted to one place per training practice, which will be allocated on first booked basis.
To book a place please click on the ENROL FOR THIS COURSE button on this page and follow the instructions for the online registration and booking. Online booking for the workshop closes at 4pm on Monday 3 June 2019.