The Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) regulations wants to ensure that there is control of certain industrial activities in order to protect the environment. Our one day course in Preparing for IPPC Regulations for the Poultry Industry will guide you through the requirements of the IPPC, so that you are aware of potential environmental impacts and why it is important to minimise these. You will also understand the key requirements of the IPPC and relevant regulations, so that you are in a position to make improvements where necessary in order to apply for the IPPC.
Who is the course for?
This is a Lantra certified course and is available to anyone over 16 years old who is involved in the management of a poultry farm.
- IPPC – an integrated approach to environmental protection
- The environmental impact of poultry farms
- Saving and monitoring resources
- Minimising and monitoring waste and pollution
- Site plans
- Inspection and maintenance
- What to do when things go wrong
- Summary/action plan