This three day study tour to Wales and the midlands of England focused on how the latest breeding technologies impact on the profitability and management of beef farm businesses through better meeting market requirements.
The areas of innovation studied included:
- how breeding techniques such as synchronisation can aid artificial insemination.
- how technology can assist in the selection and management of bulls
- the use of sexed and hetero-spermic semen.
- progeny testing facilitated by electronic management systems.
- breeding for a specific market outlet.
Click HERE to see a draft itinerary.
The group left from Belfast International Airport on the morning of Tuesday 3rd of September and returned on the morning of Thursday 5th September.
The visit report is available HERE.