Managing Rising Costs on Beef and Sheep Farms
With the impact of rising input costs being felt across the industry, CAFRE are hosting a number of on-farm events. These events are designed to consider what can be done on-farm to mitigate rising costs. The events will be hosted in four on-farm locations across Northern Ireland in mid-May and are open to the farming public. Pre-registration is essential.
Event topic discussion will include:
– Creating a fodder budget for winter and actions to ensure adequate supplies of fodder.
– Use of fertiliser and organic manures to maximise grass growth.
– Rotational grazing and benefits of better grazing management.
– Clover as a longer term strategy to reduce input costs.
– Cashflow management and budgeting.
These events are supported by the Rising Costs Industry Taskforce.
Choose a farm you wish to attend and click on the link below:
|Tuesday 17th May||James Henderson|
17 Nicholson’s Road, KILKEEL, BT34 4JN
|Wednesday 18th May||Stephen Maguire|
74 Curryann Road, MAGUIRESBRIGE, BT94 4PN
|Thursday 19th May||Sam Chesney|
49 Inishargy Road, KIRCUBBIN, BT22 2RQ
|Friday 20th May||John McHenry|
34 Knockmore Road, STRANOCUM, BT53 8QG