Growing home-grown proteins and their use in dairy cow diets
08 Mar 2021
Online - Webex
Did you miss this event? You can catch up here
Monday 8th March, 7.30pm
CAFRE, DAERA, AFBI and AgriSearch are joining forces to hold a webinar on Monday 8th March at 7.30pm which will discuss the growing of protein crops in Northern Ireland and the potential for their use in dairy cow diets.
The topics to be covered during this event will include:
- An overview of the new DAERA pilot support scheme for protein crops which has just been announced by DAERA
- Crop husbandry and agronomy of protein crops
- Simon Best, an arable farmer from Scarva, will outline his experience of growing field beans.
- Highlight the results of recent research at AFBI Hillsborough which has demonstrated the potential of field beans to partially replace imported protein sources such as soya bean and rapeseed meal with no significant impacts on cow performance.
Seamus McCaffrey, AgriSearch Chairman
Dr Rosemary Agnew, DAERA
Leigh McClean, Crops Adviser, CAFRE
Simon Best, Arable farmer from Scarva
Dr Conrad Ferris, AFBI
How to join?
Please note: You can join the event from 7.15pm, it will start promptly at 7.30pm. It is advisable to download the WebEx application in advance.
From your laptop or PC
It is advisable to download the WebEx application in advance.
** You will need to replace the prepopulated joining details with your own name and email address.
The Event Password is Protein2021
From your mobile phone or tablet
– Please download the WebEx meetings app from your app store. Guidance can be found here:
Enter the meeting number and password when prompted:
Event number (access code): 183 896 4208
Event password: Protein2021
You can also join via your mobile or landline by dialling: 0-20-7660-8149 (UK Toll) and enter the meeting information above