Future of Food Packaging Webinar- Global Innovations in Sustainability
17 Jun 2021
Thursday, 17 June 2021, 10:00am – 12:00pm
The Northern Ireland Food and Packaging Industry is rapidly changing in response to consumer demand for more sustainable packaging.
To meet this growing sustainability requirement there needs to be a closer collaboration between local government, research bodies, manufacturers, retailers and recyclers to identify innovative packaging solutions.
Invest Northern Ireland along with The College of Agriculture Food and Rural Enterprise and the Northern Ireland Food and Drinks Association are actively encouraging local collaboration by running a series of sustainable packing webinars entitled The Future of Food Packaging.
This webinar is the fourth in the series and focuses on Global Challenges and Global Initiatives for more sustainable Food Packaging.
Our Guest Speakers are:
- Chairperson: Colin Breen, Director of Environmental Policy Division, DAERA
- Tom Burke, Public Affairs and Communications Director, Coca Cola
- Barry Turner, Plastic & Flexible Packaging Director, British Plastics Federation
- Benjamin Punchard, Head of Packaging EMEA, Mintel
- Professor Pierre Pienaar, President, World Packaging Organisation
After the talks there will be the opportunity to ask questions to the panel of speakers and also the following panel members:
- Dr Charmaine Beer, Head of Producer Responsibility Policy, DAERA
- Philip McMurray, Head of Single Use Plastics Legislation Team, DAERA
- Tim Walker, Acting Chief Executive, ARC 21 and Advisory Committee on Packaging (NI representative)
- Ciaran McCartan, Innovation Advisor, Invest NI
- Michael Bell, Executive Director, NIFDA
- Dr Bronagh Millar, PPRC, Queens University Belfast
The team welcome questions around environmental, economic and legislative challenges facing the Agri Food Industry.