Beef Webinar Series 2021: Sustainable beef supply chain initiatives in practice
21 Oct 2021
Online - Zoom
Thursday 21st October, 8.00pm
College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI), Livestock and Meat Commission (LMC), Northern Ireland Meat Export Association (NIMEA), National Beef Association (NBA) and Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU) have joined forces to deliver a series of beef webinars with a focus on sustainable beef farming for the future.
The final instalment of the 2021 series focuses on ‘Sustainable beef supply chain initiatives in practice’ and will take place on Thursday 21 October, 8.00pm online. The panel will explore the supply chain response to the climate change challenge and the consumer demand for sustainable beef.
The topics to be covered during this event will include:
- Consumer and customer demand for sustainable beef.
- The Dawn/Dunbia Group’s response to the climate change challenge.
- Northern Ireland’s beef supply chain response to the climate change challenge-measure to manage.
- A farmer’s insight to completing a carbon balance calculation.
- Beef processing sector’s strategic overview of the challenges and opportunities for NI’s sustainable beef supply chain.
- Ian Stevenson, Chief Executive LMC
- Sarah Haire, Dawn/Dunbia Group
- Colin Smith, LMC
- Sam Chesney, Cool Brae Farm, Kircubbin, Northern Ireland
- Conall Donnelly, NIMEA
Registration is now open
This event requires registration. After you register, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join.