Beef Webinar Series 2021: Building Resilience in beef farming sector
17 Jun 2021
Online - Zoom
Did you miss this event? You can catch up here
Thursday 17th June 2021, 8.00pm-9.00pm
College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI), Livestock and Meat Commission (LMC), Northern Ireland Meat Export Association (NIMEA), National Beef Association (NBA) and Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU) have joined forces to deliver a series of beef webinars with a focus on sustainable beef farming for the future.
The four webinars are specifically tailored for farmers and will focus on solutions that can be employed to further increase the sustainability of the beef industry in Northern Ireland. Speakers will include farmers, industry representatives, researchers and advisers, and the webinars will provide important messages for all involved in the local beef industry.
The topics to be covered during this event will include:
- How beef farms can become resilient from a financial perspective.
- Two local farmers, John Egerton and Ryan McDowell, will also outline how they have future proofed their businesses by introducing an alternative enterprise to their farm or gaining off-farm employment.
- Both farmers will share their decision making process and challenges they encountered whilst adopting their decision.
- John McCallister, Land Mobility Project Manager at Young Farmers’ Clubs of Ulster and the Ulster Farmers’ Union
- John Egerton, CAFRE Beef and Sheep Technology Demonstration Farmer, Rosslea, Co Fermanagh
- Ryan McDowell, Beef farmer and BETTER Farm Beef Challenge NI participant, Gleno, Co Antrim
- Cormac McKervey, Senior Agricultural Manager at Ulster Bank
This event requires registration. After you register, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join.