Upon successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma course, students with the support of a recognised tutor, undertake research, demonstrating independent, innovative and creative thinking. Students complete a 18,000 word research thesis, where primary data collection is part of the research process.
Examples of previous research titles include:
- Owners’ perceptions of the contribution of graduates within small food businesses
- Why are we still eating what we eat?
- Risk perception and its affect on the decision making process of managers within the equine breeding sector in Ireland
- Sustainable agricultural practices: A farmer’s perspective
- Discounting: A loyalty conundrum
- Is Policy the solution to Northern Ireland’s BVD problem?
How to apply
Applicants for the Masters course should apply using the on-line Queen’s University Belfast Postgraduate application form, which can be found at www.qub.ac.uk
For a step by step guide of how to apply for the Masters and the CAFRE postgraduate courses using the QUB online application system, view the following video.