Upon successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma course, students with the support of a recognised tutor, undertake research, demonstrating independent, innovative and creative thinking. Students complete a 18,000 word research thesis, where primary data collection is part of the research process.
Examples of previous research titles include:
- Owners’ perceptions of the contribution of graduates within small food businesses
- Why are we still eating what we eat?
- Risk perception and its affect on the decision making process of managers within the equine breeding sector in Ireland
- Sustainable agricultural practices: A farmer’s perspective
- Discounting: A loyalty conundrum
- Is Policy the solution to Northern Ireland’s BVD problem?
How to apply
Applicants for the Masters course should apply using the online Queen’s University Belfast Postgraduate application form, which can be found at www.qub.ac.uk
For a step by step guide of how to apply for the Masters and the CAFRE postgraduate courses using the QUB online application system, view the following video.