Upon successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma course, students with the support of a recognised tutor, undertake research, demonstrating independent, innovative and creative thinking. Students complete a 18,000 word research thesis, where primary data collection is part of the research process.
Examples of previous research titles include:
- Consumer behaviour in purchasing dairy products and plant-based alternatives
- Purchasing behaviour in relation to the food label traffic light system
- Factors affecting lamb marketing and consumer attitudes to lamb
- Farmers attitudes and perceptions of the beef supply chain
- Consumer perceptions of beef burgers made from different breeds
- Perceptions of the public towards ethical issues in the horse racing sector
- Attitudes and perceptions of farmers to Health & Safety practices
How to apply
Applicants for the Masters course should apply using the online Queen’s University Belfast Postgraduate application form, which can be found at www.qub.ac.uk
For a step by step guide of how to apply for the Masters and the CAFRE postgraduate courses using the QUB online application system, view the following video.