The aim of this Level 2 Certificate in Animal Nursing Assistant course is to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge required to support qualified veterinary staff and prepare them for careers as animal nursing assistants in veterinary practices.
The Animal Nursing Assistant course is delivered on a day-release basis over one academic year. Individuals must also be working in a veterinary practice for a minimum of 21 hours per week for the duration of the course.
The course covers:
– Basic practical management and reception skills;
– Companion and exotic animal anatomy and physiology;
– Maintenance of animal accommodation;
– Principles of infection control;
– The care of ill and injured animals within a veterinary practice;
– The husbandry and welfare of domestic animals.
Progression opportunities and career destinations
Those who successfully complete the Animal Nursing Assistant course may be able to progress onto the Level 3 Diploma in Veterinary Nursing course.