Dairylink Farms Ireland is a farm development programme supported by the Irish Farmers Journal, MSD Animal Health, Lakeland Dairies, CAFRE, Teagasc and AFBI.
Dairylink is a dairy farm advisory programme designed with the objective of optimising the use of on farm resources (land, labour etc). Farms involved range in size, stage of development, and soil type. Monitor farms are based in Tyrone, Down and Cavan. Farmers involved benefit from one to one advice and we report weekly on business plans, performance and delivery.
Watch a series of DairyLink Farms videos on our Youtube Channel, CAFREtv:
- DairyLink adviser, Aidan Cushnahan, provides an update on John Oliver’s dairy farm, Limavady
- DairyLink farmer Richard Marshall discusses high milk yields maintained with grazed grass
- DairyLink farmers discuss Grazing Management at their Downpatrick dairy farm.
- Dairylink farmer John Oliver discusses Grazing Management at his Limavady dairy farm.
- DairyLink farmer Frank Goodman discusses managing grass and heifer replacements.
- DairyLink Farmer James King discusses his focus on making quality silage and milk from grass.
- DairyLink Farmers Owen and James Martin discuss silage making operations
- DairyLink adviser, Aidan Cushnahan, discusses grass surpluses and deficits on a Co. Down dairy farm
- DairyLink Adviser, Aidan Cushnahan, discusses sward improvement carried out on project farms
- DairyLink adviser Aidan Cushnahan discusses parasite control with heifer replacements this summer.
- DairyLink adviser, Aidan Cushnahan discusses second cut silage operations carried out on project farms.
- DairyLink adviser, Aidan Cushnahan, discusses preparing cows for drying off
- DairyLink Animal Health Webinar
- DairyLink Webinar – Winter Breeding for High Output per Cow
- DairyLink Winter Feeding Webinar
- Dairylink farmer James King discusses nutrient management planning and his preparations for turnout