Job now closed
Do you enjoy a nice cuppa tea? Does the thought of working in an environment of beautiful smells and flavours excite you? If so, read on.
People HQ are delighted to be exclusively retained to recruit a Technical Controller for Suki Tea.
Based in Belfast, SUKI – Tea Makers ethically source and blend loose leaf teas, herbal infusions and fruit blends from all over the world. The TEAm’s commitment to quality is reflected in responsible sourcing, great taste and delivering the very best customer experiences. To continue on their great journey they now need a Technical Controller to join their TEAm!
Suki Tea are committed to growing a global community of loose leaf tea drinkers, an appreciation society of a great-tasting, ethically-sourced cuppa. We place great value not only on our product, but also on our TEAm and this opportunity will set you on an adventure into the wonderful world of tea with a company that will encourage you to fulfill your potential.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will manage the technical function across the business holding responsibility for:
- Oversee and maintain the Quality Systems Management (including testing, documentation, product release, auditing, and management of HACCP plan)
- Host and prepare for SALSA, Organic and Fairtrade audits
- To compile, check and approve product specifications, product labelling and translations for export
- Completion of customer specifications, queries, and technical questionnaires
- Investigate to find potential root cause of customer complaints
- Carrying out Internal audits including weekly and monthly checks of hygiene and fabrication.
- Collect product samples for microbiological analysis and shelf-life assessment.
- Traceability (both internally and measured by external accredited bodies, e.g. Fairtrade and Organic Regulations)
- Supply Chain Approval (ingredients, produce, packaging and services).
You will have a third level qualification in a food or related disciplined along with a minimum of 2 years post graduate work experience in a Quality Assurance/Technical role within the food and drink industry. You will have level 3 HACCP and a Food Safety qualification as well as an internal auditing qualification.
If you are ready for a new challenge get in touch today with People HQ to hear more about this great opportunity.