Taste of Ulster and PR Coordinator
Job now closed
A new opportunity has arisen for a graduate to join FoodNI to work with local food businesses on the Taste of Ulster scheme, at food events and on food and drink PR . Based in Belfast the organisation offers flexible agile working arrangements. A passion for local food and drink is a necessity.
To manage the Taste of Ulster and PR scheme, to deliver exceptional service and opportunities that will encourage growth in Taste of Ulster and Food NI’s producer membership and enhance the reputation of the food and drink industry across Northern Ireland.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Communication with Taste of Ulster Members
- Take the lead role in the effective recruitment of, and engagement with, Taste of Ulster members in support of Food NI’s strategic objectives.
- Take the lead role in the establishing and maintaining strong Taste of Ulster member relations including reviewing and marking inspections.
- Proactively engage with Taste of Ulster members in order to refresh the Taste of Ulster Charter and to make them aware of potential opportunities presented by digital, events, activities and competitions.
- Liaise with Food NI’s Social Media Manager in order to maximise digital marketing opportunities and activities in support of Taste of Ulster, events and hospitality awards.
- To maintain an accurate database of Taste of Ulster members, updating on a daily basis in order to support the production of accurate guides.
- To maintain an accurate database of Taste of Ulster invoices, updating on a daily basis.
- To maintain an accurate database of producer members, updating on a daily basis.
- To maintain an accurate database of producer and events invoices, updating on a daily basis.
Management of Taste of Ulster Inspectors and Inspections
- To maintain an accurate database of Taste of Ulster inspectors, updating on a monthly basis.
- To liaise with inspectors on allocation of inspection reports and with restaurants on results
- To manage a supply of Taste of Ulster plaques and provide to members in a timely fashion
- To support information flows between FoodNI food writers and InvestNI in line with agreed procedures in fulfilment of the InvestNI Small Business Programme.
- Take responsibility for managing any queries
- To maintain a database of story leads and PR outputs
- On-site support at events involving producer members, ensuring that all requirements are delivered on time.
- Administration support for ensuring that Food NI and all producer members have completed mandated insurance and certification requirements (Risk Assessments, H&S, Food Hygiene etc.) prior to their attendance at events and activities.
- To assist event planners and managers in the build-up / breakdown of all events involving Food NI.
- To assist events planners and managers in setting up kitchens and cookery demonstrations.
- To personally attend all those events involving Food NI which are considered as high profile.
- To support ‘troubleshooting’ at events involving Food NI.
- Take responsibility for receiving and collating post-event evaluations, and for using the detail provided to inform grant claims and future events planning.
Kitchen Booking Administration
- To act as the Food NI principal point of contact for event planners and managers looking to book kitchen demonstrations.
- To act as the Food NI principal point of contact in communicating and co-ordinating logistics support required by UMEX.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all mandated certification for mobile kitchen equipment has been completed and is up-to-date.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all mobile kitchen equipment is safe and clean.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all booking forms and associated administration is fully completed prior to confirming bookings with members.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the accurate invoicing and payment for all bookings.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all Food NI promotional graphics on display at events and activities are up-to-date and presentable.
- Take responsibility for
– Maintaining an accurate inventory of disposable items.
– Managing disposable items.
– Maintaining stock levels of disposable items.
– Ensuring appropriate supply of disposable items to all demonstrations.
- Take responsibility for booking and fully-briefing chefs and demonstrators.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all chefs / demonstrators are regularly reminded and briefed to use NI produce exclusively.
- Maintenance of the Food NI member spreadsheet and invoicing of monthly Food NI membership?
- Responsibility for lodging cheques.
- Grant applications and grant claims and evaluations.
- Take responsibility for the collection of debts from Taste of Ulster, event planners and managers, and for the hire of mobile equipment.
- To attend Food NI Limited Board Meetings, as required, in order to report on events and producer member events and activities.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships across Food NI team in a positive office atmosphere.
- To establish and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders and Board members.
- Undertake such other relevant duties that may arise.
How to apply?
If you are interested, please apply with a CV and a cover letter and email to email@example.com by 10th August 2021.