Omeath, County Louth
Job Reference Number: 2021
Omeath, County Louth
Hours: 40 hours. Shift (8am – 5pm)
Contract Type: Maternity Cover
Morgan’s Fine Fish are a leading Fish processing company who are seeking applications from interested and suitable candidates to join our Quality/Technical team as a Quality Controller.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Fabrication /Glass & Plastic Audits.
- Internal Audits on the Quality Management system.
- Input of Data on to computerised system
- Specification building
- Production checks including metal detection, temperature checks, weight and label checks, correct packaging used, correct batch & date coding information used and quality checks on final product.
- In house Scale and probe Calibration checks
- Collection and retention of samples for inhouse analysis
- Collection of samples for microbial and nutritional analysis under the direction of the Quality & Technical Manager
- Monitoring Factory Hygiene and GMP on a daily basis
- Issuing and following up non-conforming issues to ensure effective close out and ensure that
- Collection and monitoring of factory floor paperwork to ensure completion.
- Communications with suppliers
- Traceability Audits
The successful candidate will require:
- personal pride and confidence to carry out the job.
- Experience working in a similar role preferred however Candidates seeking Food industry experience will be considered for the role.
- Must have an interest in food and be self-motivated with an inquiring mind.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Sufficient technical and written skills to perform the job. Fluent in English.
- Attention to detail and ability to solve problems.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted. All applications are treated in strict confidence