Job now closed
Our client is executing production activities for their innovative sister company, which is focussed on developing new food crops with exceptional ingredient potential for the food & beverage industry and European hobby market.
The Horticulturist/ Production Supervisor will be dedicated to make a success out of the projects the company is developing and will be responsible for the undertaking of all production activities and culture of food crops on the nursery. The successful candidate will participate in the Operational Management Team of the company and will work in close cooperation with the other Production Heads in the company.
- Leading and managing a team of 3-6 employees in the undertaking of all production activities of the food crops on the nursery.
- Ensure an efficient way of working; Finished work is completed to a high-quality standard and in a timely fashion.
- Cultivation of basic material and production plants of the food crops.
- Nutrition of young plants and production plants according to the agreed programmes.
- Sustainable crop protection and maintenance.
- Quality control / monitoring of incoming materials for food crops
- Executing trials in cooperation with the Trial Coordinator
- A qualification in Horticulture, Plant Science, Crop Production, or in a relevant area
- 3-5 yrs post-graduate experience with crops/food crops/ornamentals, experience working on a farm/nursery
- Ethical and responsible behavior
- Drive & determination
- Excellent planning & communication skills
- Demonstrates strong initiative and a “Right first-time” approach
- People management and teamwork skills
- Process knowledge, improvement and problem-solving ability
- Adequate Numeracy & PC Skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong execution and delivery capabilities
- Demonstrates autonomy within the established framework and report requirements
Attractive remuneration will be offered in line with experience and would be firmed up during the interview process. If interested to explore please apply enclosing your CV in Word format and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to further discuss please text/call Greg O’Hanlon on 087 600 3620.