Job now closed
Moyola Golf Club, Magherafelt
An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Moyola Park Golf Club. After many years of service our head greenkeeper is retiring and we are seeking a keen, motivated individual to take on this challenging role at one of the best parkland courses in Northern Ireland.
Reporting to the Secretary Manager of the Golf Club, the Head Greenkeeper is entrusted with overseeing the day to day maintenance and operations of the golf course and course maintenance team. You will be responsible for contributing to and implementing the course improvement plan working in conjunction with the Greens Convenor.
Key Responsibilities: You will assume responsibility for managing and maintaining golf course properties, which will include:
- Plan, monitor, evaluate and manage golf course maintenance.
- Oversee the scheduling and routing of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work identified in weekly task lists and course development plan.
- The head green keeper will inspect the golf course and related areas daily to evaluate how well management standards are being achieved and communicate any issues to the Secretary Manager.
- Manage and maintain a healthy and safe workplace in accordance with the Club’s guidelines.
- Ensure equipment operators are trained on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment, and appropriate records are maintained.
- Supervise pesticide and fertiliser applications and/or operate and calibrate pesticide and fertiliser application equipment.
- Manage the performance of the team by identifying training and development needs
- Keep accurate and complete records on the IT system in place in the Club
- Take active involvement in the structured Course Improvement Plan
- Liaise and work closely with the Course Convenor and attend scheduled Course Management & Development Committee meetings
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the green keeping industry with time served as a Head Green Keeper, Deputy Head Green keeper or equivalent an advantage
- NVQ Level 3 Sports Turf Management / FETAC Level 6 in a relevant qualification with evidence of continuing professional development desirable
- Energetic and diligent worker that can demonstrate high levels of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively at different levels
- Strong IT skills would be an advantage
- A competitive package is offered for the role, the level of which will be determined by the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. Will be discussed when applicants are short listed.
- Applications including a detailed CV, including contact details for two work related referees, should be sent to Michael Gribbin, Secretary Manager Moyola Park Golf Club, 15 Curran Road, Magherafelt, BT45 8DG or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is Friday 18 June 2021
- Please advise any dates you would not be available in July and August for interview