Assistant Quality Assurance Manager
Job now closed
Craigavon, Co. Armagh
Based in Craigavon, Co. Armagh, Wilson’s Country Ltd specialises in pre-packed, peeled and prepared potatoes. Wilson’s Country Ltd supply food retailers, caterers and food processing companies with a range of products offering quality, taste, full traceability and value for money.
The main role of the Assistant Quality Assurance Manager is to be factory based and to assist in the daily management of the Quality Assurance function. Activities are wide ranging and will include all aspects of our Quality Management System.
Key accountabilities will include:
Quality Assurance Management
- Deputise in absence of the Quality Assurance Manager;
- Actively participate in external audits and assist in the close out of any non-conformances;
- Assist in the completion of internal systems audits to schedule, raising corrective actions and ensuring the close out of these;
- Management of customer complaints including logging, correspondence, actioning issues and ensuring these are closed in a timely manner;
- Compiling of key data for management and customer KPI reports as required;
- Manage a QA team, to ensure correct level of staffing, workload and work output;
- Responsible for day to day quality issues and implementation of corrective actions
- Maintain customer specification process;
- Ensure relevant industry and customer standards are fully implemented and maintained within the business;
- Manage factory standards, through scheduled audits (inclusive of glass and hard plastic, GMP auditing, factory hygiene audits & swabbing, allergen validation and verification) and drive improvement through root cause analysis and effective closure of actions;
- Manage the site Calibration and Pest Control programme;
- Actively participate in the HACCP team;
- Carry out Training as required on procedures and key technical / quality information;
- Effectively implement specifications and review as necessary;
- Monitor and report on quality (e.g. finished pack, incoming raw material and benchmark comparisons);
- Oversee and reporting of organoleptic/shelf life performance;
- Assist with quality and food safety decisions based on sound risk assessment;
- Coordinating and logging samples for analysis according to schedule;
- Assistance with the following activities will also be required for a limited time;
- Carry out continuous improvement trials, including trial planning and samples;
- Participate in new product development and factory trial planning.
After initial training, this role will involve a significant degree of autonomy and working with minimum supervision, although support will be available.
Working hours amount to 40 hours per week, over 5 days, on our site with operates Monday – Saturday, 8am – 5pm. Some Saturday work will be required.
- Has a degree level qualification in a food related subject;
- Has a minimum of 1 years relevant experience (can include university placement) in a Technical and / or Quality assurance capacity gained in a manufacturing/food production environment;
- Can demonstrate sound technical auditing skills, experience in HACCP and Quality Management Systems, with the ability to analyse and present data;
- Has a practical approach and the ability to effectively carry out operational activities;
- Can demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and a diplomatic approach to problem solving;
- Can demonstrate good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise, work pro-actively and accurately, paying attention to detail;
- Is IT competent in Microsoft Office.
- A HACCP qualification
- An internal audit qualification
- Level 3 food safety or equivalent
- Previously experience in dealing with customers
- Some knowledge of the produce industry
- A working knowledge of retailer and environmental audits
- Experience of continuous improvement and co-ordinating factory trials
- Has a good working knowledge of BRC Global Standard for food
Wilsons Country Ltd reserves the right to enhance the selection criteria at short listing stage if necessary.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please see the jobs advert and forward your CV on or before Monday 28th June 2021.
Please note that by applying for a job you are agreeing to take part in our recruitment process, which will involve our processing of your personal data in accordance with Data Protection Regulations.
Wilson’s Country Ltd are an Equal Opportunities Employer