Animal Feed Sales Assistant
Job now closed
Capper Trading Ltd has been established for over 50 years and is one of Northern Ireland’s leading bulk animal feed logistic Companies. We are also renowned for manufacturing high quality coarse and complete ruminant animal feeds.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time, permanent Sales Assistant in our Animal Feed Division, supporting the Sales & Purchasing Manager with the following duties:
Sales and Marketing
- Develop and build on existing relationships to promote our products and assist with the generation of new business.
- Demonstrate vision and awareness of customer opportunities to assist in identifying new leads.
- Conduct market research and analysis activity as required to assess the strengths or weaknesses of current or proposed markets and competitor activity.
- Manage development/marketing opportunities on the Company’s Animal Feed web and Facebook pages.
- Assist customers, process orders and transactions ensuring high levels of accuracy and in a friendly, professional manner.
- Monitor credit control.
- Assist customers with dietary requirements, collating advice on the benefits of our range of feed rations.
- Organise deliveries, liaise with drivers and customers to ensure a professional, efficient, and cost-effective service is provided at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers and manage stock requirements/reconciliations.
- General administration, update records for auditing and compliance purposes.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Animal Feed Manager.
- Proven knowledge and practical experience in a beef/dairy agricultural environment.
- Agriculture-related qualification, English and Maths to GCSE (A/B standard) or similar.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- IT skills including MS Office.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills.
- Basic understanding of sales ledger accounts.
- Full driving licence, valid in the UK.
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000 per year
Closing date for receiving applications: Friday 3 June 2022
If you feel you can demonstrate that you meet the above requirements and would like the opportunity to gain experience within a diverse, fast-paced growing organisation, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org