News > Apply now for CAFRE’s Level II Agricultural Business Operations Course

CAFRE

Apply now for CAFRE’s Level II Agricultural Business Operations Course

May 22, 2023

The CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations [ABO] Level II Certificate Course is open for 2023/24 applications from 18 May to 31 July.

Course Manager, Kenneth Johnston, explained that the training will be delivered one evening per week over 20 weeks from end of September 2023 to the end of February 2024. He also advised that the course will be available at the three CAFRE Campus locations with classes in beef, sheep and dairying being offered.

Bronagh Brennan [pictured] from Rasharkin, Co Antrim who completed the beef production course at Greenmount Campus earlier in the year says: “I really enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. The course suited me as it was held in the evenings, and I work as a Farm Support Co-Ordinator with Rural Support during the day and am also a mother of 2 children.

I have always had a keen interest in farming having grown up on a suckler farm and now married to a dairy farmer I like to be on farm helping when I can.  

It was great to meet up with other likeminded people and we had a large class of over 20 people all with different backgrounds and reasons to be there. Even though I am from a dairy farm I choose to do the beef course as the night of the course suited me better.   

I really enjoyed the whole course, especially enjoyed the Livestock Production module and I have no hesitation in recommending the course to anyone interested in agriculture and hoping to achieve a worthwhile qualification”. 

You can book a place on a course by visiting the CAFRE website at:

Level 2 Agricultural Business Operations – Industry Training | CAFRE

A range of evenings, Monday to Wednesday will be available, however, choices will become more limited as classes fill up. Therefore, it is important that you book early to ensure you get the training event which best suits your needs.

The cost of the course is £150.00.

The CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II Certificate) qualification meets the agricultural training eligibility requirements for the Young Farmers’ Payment/Regional Reserve Scheme.

If you require any assistance when booking a place on this training, you can call CAFRE Industry Training Administration on 028 9442 6880 or by emailing Industry.TrainingAdmin@daera-ni.gov.uk.