News > Employment success for Loughry Campus graduate

CAFRE

Employment success for Loughry Campus graduate

December 7, 2020

Stephanie Scroggie graduated from CAFRE with a BSc Honours Degree in Food Technology and she recently completed the Queen’s University, Belfast validated Master’s in Business for Agri-food and Rural Enterprise at Loughry Campus. Having always had a keen interest in the agri-food industry, CAFRE proved to be the right choice for Stephanie.

“The BSc Food Technology degree consisted of a wide range of topics including food quality, packaging, manufacturing, laboratory testing and new product development. The variety of modules covered in the course opened my eyes to the many job options within the food and drink sector. I also had the opportunity to get hands on experience through regular practical classes including practicals in the Food Technology Centre, science laboratories, product development kitchens and sensory suites. I certainly was not disappointed!”, Stephanie commented.

“I completed a one year placement as part of my degree as a Laboratory and Quality Technician. The placement year was worthwhile as it gave an insight into the food industry, provided valuable experience and let me put my knowledge into practice”, said Stephanie.

After graduation I decided to complete a postgraduate course and study for Queen’s Masters in Business for Agri-Food and Rural Enterprise course, also delivered at Loughry Campus. This allowed me to expand my agri-food business skills and knowledge. I completed the Master’s degree alongside my current job as Quality Technician in White’s Speedicook, Tandagree. At White’s, I help to look after the Quality Management System to maintain high standards of food quality. I complete a wide variety of quality tasks including auditing, handling customer queries, completing product specifications, verifying product traceability, as well as participating in third party and customer audits”, added Stephanie.

“The food industry can be very challenging, however, it is extremely rewarding to be part of a business that produces high quality produce and has shown great resilience over the past few months. My future in the food industry looks exciting, all thanks to the courses offered at CAFRE”, concluded Stephanie.