Food Industry Training – CAFRE Goes Online
October 20, 2020
College of Agriculture Food & Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), Loughry Campus offers a wide range of accredited and non-accredited training courses aimed specifically at the food industry. Like every other aspect of provision, CAFRE has had to adapt the way it delivers programmes in light of the current pandemic.
Fortunately, we have moved our most popular courses online. Many of the courses are accredited by Highfield Qualifications and Royal Society for Public Health. The courses that are being offered this year include:
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- Level 2 Award in Understanding HACCP
- Level 2 Award in Identifying & Controlling Food Allergy Risks
- Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing
- Level 3 Award in Understanding how to develop a HACCP plan
- Level 3 Award in Understanding how to develop a HACCP plan for the meat industry
- Level 3 Award in Effective Auditing and Inspection
The first of these courses will commence on Monday 2nd November 2020. Level 4 programmes are scheduled to be offered in 2021.
All course materials have been moved to a platform called CAFRE Online. Leaners can complete the units at home or in the workplace. Each course will have a specific release date and examination date. Applications are completed online. Learners can then access the course online over a specified time period. For the majority of courses a text book will be provided. Those enrolling on the course will have the flexibility to learn at a pace suitable to their needs.
Tutor support will be offered by a member of the CAFRE Food Industry Training team. In order to gain the accredited qualification, candidates are required to attend Loughry Campus on a specific date to sit their examination. The examinations will adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
To find out more please contact Catherine Devlin. Phone 028 867 68114 or email email@example.com