News > Apply now for CAFRE’s Level II Agricultural Business Operations Course

CAFRE

Apply now for CAFRE’s Level II Agricultural Business Operations Course

July 1, 2020

The CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations [ABO] Level II Certificate Course is open for 2020/21 applications from 1 June to 17 July.

Course Manager, Kenneth Johnston, explained that the training will be delivered over 20 weeks from October 2020 to the end of February 2021. He also advised that the course will be available at the three CAFRE Campus locations with classes in beef, sheep and dairying being offered.

Jonny Watson [pictured] from Ballymena, Co Antrim who completed the sheep production course at Greenmount Campus earlier in the year says: “I really enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it. The course suited me as it was held in the evenings and I work as a design engineer with Wrightbus during the day. I have always had a keen interest in sheep having grown up on the home farm where we have a Zwartble flock, produce Texel cross pure Charolais hybrid tups and also run commercial ewes. I have a keen interest in the pedigree side of things and I do all the dressing of the sheep for shows and sales.

“It was great to meet up with other likeminded people and we had a large class of over 30 people all with different backgrounds and reasons to be there. I am hoping to start my own start my own flock at another farm soon and as well as obtaining a good qualification in Agriculture to go alongside by Engineering qualifications I wanted to make myself more eligible for any incentives going for young farmers in the future.

“While I enjoyed the whole course I especially enjoyed the Livestock Production module. I have no hesitation in recommending the course to anyone interested in agriculture and hoping to achieve a worthwhile qualification”

Jonny Watson from Ballymena, Co Antrim who completed his Level 2 Agriculture Business Operations course in sheep production at Greenmount Campus in March 2020 pictured on his home farm.

You can book a place on a course by clicking here.

A range of evenings, Monday to Wednesday will be available, however, choices will become more limited as classes fill up. Therefore, it is important that you book early to ensure you get the training event which best suits your needs.

The cost of the course is £150.00.

The CAFRE Agricultural Business Operations (Level II Certificate) qualification meets the agricultural training eligibility requirements for the Young Farmers’ Payment/Regional Reserve Scheme.

If you require any assistance when booking a place on this training, you can call CAFRE Industry Training Administration on 028 9442 6880 or by emailing Industry.TrainingAdmin@daera-ni.gov.uk.