News > Katie gallops ahead with equine training

CAFRE

Katie gallops ahead with equine training

August 1, 2019

CAFRE student Katie Willis is galloping ahead with preparation for her career in the equine industry.

The Level 3 Equine Management student from Derrylin is hoping to learn more about running a busy showjumping yard by spending five weeks work experience with showjumper John Mulligan in County Leitrim.

CAFRE Level 3 student Katie Willis, Derrylin

“I love showjumping so the experience of working in a busy yard is brilliant. I am really enjoying going to different shows especially the RDS qualifiers and have been involved in the sale of a horse which was something new for me,” explained Katie, who is undertaking the work experience as part of her Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma at CAFRE’s Enniskillen Campus.

“I have been able to utilise the skills that I’m learning at CAFRE to carry out my role as a groom and working with young horses, as well as learning about the day-to-day management of a showjumping yard,” she added.

Click here if you would like to find out more about the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Horse Management course or other equine courses available at Enniskillen Campus.