News > CAFRE student is off to the right start at Rangers Lodge

CAFRE

CAFRE student is off to the right start at Rangers Lodge

July 11, 2019

CAFRE Enniskillen Campus student Grace Sinclair, from Bangor, is on work placement at Rangers Lodge as part of her Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management. Students on the Level 3 programme have to undertake five weeks work placement as part of their studies. Grace decided to complete her placement at Richard Brabazon’s pre-training yard Rangers Lodge in County Kildare.

Students at Rangers Lodge get the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in their role.  Mr Brabazon is keen that young people get an opportunity to learn while they are at his yard and he is pleased with how enthusiastic Grace is.

CAFRE student Grace Sinclair riding on the Curragh

When I visited Grace, she was getting ready to ride out on the Curragh. Grace is really enjoying her time at Rangers Lodge, where she is gaining valuable experience in all aspects of training racehorses and commented “I am learning loads and I have been given lots of opportunities to learn new skills. I had no experience of riding racehorses before I came here and I feel like I have really improved over the weeks. My favourite part has been getting to ride on the Curragh every morning and I also had the chance to lead up at the races”.

If you would like to find out more about the Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Equine Management course or other equine courses available at Enniskillen Campus check out here.