Last Call for FACTS Course 2017
CAFRE are currently organising a Fertiliser Advisers Certification and Training Scheme (FACTS) course for delivery in November 2017.
Who is the Course for? The course is for everyone advising on the use of fertilisers who should have a high degree of competence and due regard for the protection of the environment.
The topics covered in the course include:
- The soil in relation to plant nutrition;
- Organic nutrient sources;
- The nature and properties of fertilisers;
- Crop nutrients in plants and the factors influencing Nutrient Management Planning
- Use of fertilisers on the main crop groups in the UK;
- The transport, storage and handling of fertilisers;
- Application of fertilisers;
- Code of Good Agricultural Practice and legal and other requirements to protect the environment.
Tony Bell, a farmer and spraying contractor from Kircubbin who successfully completed the FACTS course recently said: “I thought the course was excellent. It brought me back to basics, forcing me to think about my soil. I have introduced oilseed rape to my crop rotation and disc in the straw to improve my soil structure. When you are spending money on soil tests and fertilisers you need to have your soil right”.
If you are interested in attending the FACTS course at CAFRE in November 2017 you can enrol by contacting Industry Training Admin at 028 9442 6880 or by clicking on the FACTS course page on this website.