ND student on Industrial work placement

No Substitute for Experience at Loughry Campus

Loughry student Ryan Mulholland has had a busy summer. A key part of his National Diploma in Food Technology is a 12 week work placement in the food industry.

“I’ve already had a lot of food manufacturing experience in the first year of my course. The National Diploma in Food Technology is a very practical programme and I’ve enjoyed many of the units including Meat Technology”.

“Having a placement with Doherty & Gray – one of Northern Ireland’s leading meat processors – is ideal. I’m getting to see many sides of the business and learning at first-hand how customer demands are influencing the meat products of the future”.

Ryan will return in the coming weeks to finish his course. “I’m really looking forward to getting back to Loughry – hopefully I’ll be able to use some of my new knowledge in the units that I’ll study this year”.

If you’ve recently completed your GCSE’s and are at a “career crossroads”, Loughry still has a few places left on its National Diplomas in Food Technology and Food Nutrition & Health. Both are “A-level” alternatives – proven springboards to Higher Education or employment.

ND student on Industrial work placement

Ryan Mulholland (Randalstown) at work in Doherty & Gray, Ballymena.

See www.cafre.ac.uk for details of our next Careers Advice Event on Thursday 24th August or follow Discover CAFRE on Facebook and Twitter

Back to News Back to Events